Thursday, August 23, 2007

TAAAAAA!!!!!!

We have our Travel Approval, the much coveted TA! But that is not the last stop - nope now we need a CA - Consulate Appointment with the USA guys and gals in Guangzhou. If we can't get a date the last week of September, then we can't travel until the end of October, so we're still up in the air. If we do, we'll be departing Sept. 11 or 12.
And of course, I missed the call. Thursdays are not magic days - good news comes on Mondays or Fridays so Lela and I went out and probably missed the call by minutes. So it's official - I have now missed every important call for both our adoptions, batting 400 as it were.
One of my online groups for waiting parents had a pool to guess dates - I put in August 21 for TA, not really expecting it, but it's my birthday, so why not?
Our not so young baby is finally coming home. YAHOO - guess I'd better get my act in gear for travel.

No comments:

Mother's Day

Last spring while riding the train home from the city where I had just handed in the last of Lian's paperwork, I had nothing to do since I had gone through all my reading material while waiting at the Chinese Embassy. I got out a notepad and this poem started to flow and practically wrote itself. Adoption can be bittersweet as there is no gain without a loss.
http://www.emkpress.com/mothersday.html

Lian on left in yellow

Lian on left in yellow
about 14 months, with her friend Hailey

Lian at 6 months

Lian at 6 months
Who could resist that smile?

Lian at 4 months

Lian at 4 months
Right after surgery for her lip

Sha'anxi Province Map

Sha'anxi Province Map
HanZhong in lower left

China Map

China Map
Sha'anxi Province in center