Monday, August 27, 2007

Three little weeks

In just three weeks, by the evening of Monday the 17th, we'll have become a family of four. After waiting 18 months for this moment, it seems unreal. We don't even know what she looks like now, since our referral pictures are two years old. We know she's petite from the update we got in July, but it's not the same as a picture.
We have our plane tickets. If I pack my stuff too soon, I'll have to wash undies every day, not likely. Now we have to think seriously about exactly what sights we want to see in China for our agency to make plans. I think we'll stick to the main ones. I can hardly wait to see the Great Wall.

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Jennifer,

I am so excited that one of is getting to see the Great Wall in person, lol.

Take good pics for me !

Charlotte
www.rachaeljanew.blogspot.com

Mother's Day

Last spring while riding the train home from the city where I had just handed in the last of Lian's paperwork, I had nothing to do since I had gone through all my reading material while waiting at the Chinese Embassy. I got out a notepad and this poem started to flow and practically wrote itself. Adoption can be bittersweet as there is no gain without a loss.
http://www.emkpress.com/mothersday.html

Lian on left in yellow

Lian on left in yellow
about 14 months, with her friend Hailey

Lian at 6 months

Lian at 6 months
Who could resist that smile?

Lian at 4 months

Lian at 4 months
Right after surgery for her lip

Sha'anxi Province Map

Sha'anxi Province Map
HanZhong in lower left

China Map

China Map
Sha'anxi Province in center