Saturday, September 15, 2007

9/15/07

9/15/07 Adios Beijing
Last day in Beijing. Of course, after two days of touring in rain and fog, today the sun is coming out. Our guide will not meet us until noon. We have to pack, shop for things like more batteries, and change some $. We will have lunch, then tour the Temple of Heaven, see an acrobatics show, or as Lela puts it a “bats” show, dinner and then board our overnight train for Xi’an. Tomorrow we get Lian! It seems unreal after all this time that we are only a day away. We probably won't be posting until after Family Day, and I promise pictures are coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lela!

Holly can't wait to play again soon!
Holly says tell Lela, "I love you!"
Have a good time in China!

love,

Denise

Jennifer...I love the blog and can just imagine how excited and nervous you guys must be right now.

Hugs,

Denise

Holly wants to write now (she asks me how to spell things and then types...we'll see how this goes):

I LOVE YOU
KK HI KHKOIKHJUYUJJYJU
LHETS PLAY
GGJHJIII BUH UH HHGUHHHHHJ JHH JHJH JHJHJHHHJ HJJH JH

Anonymous said...

Looks like another keeper, hope all is going well, I think I like the chubby cheeks. Nick

Anonymous said...

Dolly was over for dinner she likes chunny cheeks too. She wishes you good luck, nick

The Rakoczy Family said...

Jennifer,

I can't wait to see Lian with your family! Prayers for safe travels and a wonderful Gotcha day!

Blessings-Shannon in CA
(HanzhongHoneyParents)

Mother's Day

Last spring while riding the train home from the city where I had just handed in the last of Lian's paperwork, I had nothing to do since I had gone through all my reading material while waiting at the Chinese Embassy. I got out a notepad and this poem started to flow and practically wrote itself. Adoption can be bittersweet as there is no gain without a loss.
http://www.emkpress.com/mothersday.html

Lian on left in yellow

Lian on left in yellow
about 14 months, with her friend Hailey

Lian at 6 months

Lian at 6 months
Who could resist that smile?

Lian at 4 months

Lian at 4 months
Right after surgery for her lip

Sha'anxi Province Map

Sha'anxi Province Map
HanZhong in lower left

China Map

China Map
Sha'anxi Province in center