Sunday, September 9, 2007

Fw: Down to the Wire

This is a test to see if I can e-mail to the blog if we are blocked in China. Nope, it's not a democracy, but technology can wiggle around that. Not to much progress since yesterday - laundry done, Lian's clothes thinned down a bit  - the extended weather forecast for the cities we'll be in looks uniformly hot and sticky during the day so one pair of long pants and a jacket will do - and packed into big ziplock bags.Today we get serious. I just looked at the list of paperwork we have to take - oops, Jamie and I need two more passport photos, so off to the drugstore. Lela has been informed she'll have to wear the less favored "Hello Kitty" undies of she wants to take all the princess undies with her. I got a prescription from my doctor for sleeping and tried it out last night- slept in all the way to 5am. I feel like a new woman (yes that is sarcasm leaking out the edges.)

1 comment:

Vicky said...

Good luck on your journey to Lian. We look forward to seeing pictures of everyone when she is finally in your arms..

Vicky Brick

Mother's Day

Last spring while riding the train home from the city where I had just handed in the last of Lian's paperwork, I had nothing to do since I had gone through all my reading material while waiting at the Chinese Embassy. I got out a notepad and this poem started to flow and practically wrote itself. Adoption can be bittersweet as there is no gain without a loss.
http://www.emkpress.com/mothersday.html

Lian on left in yellow

Lian on left in yellow
about 14 months, with her friend Hailey

Lian at 6 months

Lian at 6 months
Who could resist that smile?

Lian at 4 months

Lian at 4 months
Right after surgery for her lip

Sha'anxi Province Map

Sha'anxi Province Map
HanZhong in lower left

China Map

China Map
Sha'anxi Province in center